Monday, November 19

Weaknesses

My English teacher, Ms. Sim, constantly reminded my class to never use the word "Everybody .." at the beginning of our essays.
She had a point, I couldn't possibly say "Everybody has a pet," or "Everybody has a family that..", etc. 
However I believe that there is an exception to this rule as everybody has a weakness, be it big or small. 
You can run from the truth, but I guess that would be your weakness. 
Do you know your weaknesses?
This requires critical self introspection but it's worth undertaking.
Trust me, it makes the whole application process much easier.

My fear, and weakness, is to make the wrong decision. To upset others. To let them down. To fail. 
Failure has never been an option. How can I fail now? 
I've been told to do my best, and to me that meant - Do not fail. 
Everyone I know keeps saying "Oh Mithra, she can do it. She has done it all this while, she'll succeed."
What they don't know is that I'm banking on the fact that the world ends, or death by December end.

Perfection is known to none, not even claimed perfectionists. Imperfection is the closest we'll ever get to perfection. All we can do is, understand our weakness, minimize it, and build up our strengths to its very best. 

Till I get my life together, I've got to be still and know that through Him nothing is impossible. 

Success is achieved by developing our strengths, not by eliminating our weaknesses. 
- Marilyn vos Savant 

Once we know our weaknesses they cease to do us any harm. 
- Georg C. Lichtenberg